I agree that start building organic backlinks drive the target sites which helps to raise the ranking. Moreover, linking with other related websites gives you a good vote to the website. Furthermore, it helps you to become a trusted sites to related to niche. This plays an important role for website ranking. Besides, backlinking is not only an important factor for web ranking but also, content and usability is considered like a king and a Queen.
I think there're many ways to improve to get high ranking on Search engine. Below are 13 Best Practices for Improving Organic Search Rankings on Google
1. Define a keyword list
2. Good content will win out
3. Create cornerstone pages
4. Use keyword repetition and variation in page content
5. Optimize your page titles
6. Write compelling meta descriptions
7. Use keyword variations as anchor text for internal linking
8. Don't forget about ALT tags
9. Your URL names matter
10. No black hat
11. Track your visitors and leads
12. Get social
13. Have a link-building strategy
Starting trying to outreach other bloggers in the same category and ask them if they will publish a blog post with a link to your website. Also never do Social Bookmarking to your website directly as this harms with penguin penalty for sure.
Keep doing what you are doing, if it got you on page 2 it works.
As for my advice: GREAT (when I say great I really mean it), unique (not spun, bought for cheap or all that stuff) content. I keep telling people that the best, easy and fast way to rank, aside from basic SEO is content.
The best way to reach the first page of Google's search results pages is to build as many high-quality and relevant backlinks for the site in question as you can. There are many keys to SEO but none have the bang that backlinks have as far as getting you to the top!
You can use this few steps to get top on the Google.
1.Optimize your site for SEO:- Trying to manipulate the search-engine rankings is a losing proposition at this point. Instead, what you should be concerned with is making your site look as good as possible for the search engine robots that will be crawling your website.
2.Exchange blog posts with other sites :- Syndicating your blog on other sites is a great way to drive new audiences to your site. A great way to do this is to search for blogs that are in a similar industry as you and that are in a similar situation in terms of size and audience.
3. Host a webinar :- Regardless of your industry, I can guarantee theres a topic you have enough expertise on that your customers would come to listen to you speak. The trick is to identify this topic and then to create a fun and engaging presentation.
4.Display ads :-Display ads are a simple form of advertising that rely on banners or other clickable assets on another site. Look for opportunities on high-traffic authority sites.
5.paid search ads :- Google AdWords and Bing Ads are the best choices here. Youll pay per click (PPC) to drive traffic to your site based on certain keyword searches.
6. Use calls-to-action (CTAs) :- Give people a reason to click through to your site on social media, such as advertising a new product.
7. Offer discounts via email or social media :- Give users a good reason to visit your site by promoting discounts, sales and special offers.
8. Improve your site's performance :- Make sure your content loads properly on all devices, and optimize your site speed as much as possible.
9. Target better keywords :- Target highly specific keywords for your content marketing strategy. This will reduce competition in the search rankings, and drive more qualified visitors.
10. Build inbound links :- Build links pointing back to your site. Links help with SEO, referral traffic and branding.
Few of techniques you can follow to get high rank on Google.
1. Google Loves Unique Content:- What Google does like is great unique content. We have seen the rise in importance of content creation and curation as a marketing tool over the last few years. People use the web to find information, that is why Google is putting such a high value on unique content. Creating great contagious content that begs to be shared such as videos, blog posts and eBooks also has a big side benefit.
2. The Importance of Back Links :- A link, or back-link, is the link that you use to be brought to another page. Back links are incredibly important because they are basically like votesâ€ for your page that tell search engines that other WebPages like and utilize your page for information. The more websites that you have linked or votingâ€ for your webpage, the higher your ranking will be.
3. Competitor analysis :- Assuming you won't be getting many links from those major sites, there still are easy link building tactics available to you. Begin your link building campaign with a competitor analysis. Basically, you want to repeat what your best competitors are doing, as one of the key link building principles is to match and exceed your competitors.
4. Guest blogging :- Other ideas for a successful link building campaign include guest blogging. The general idea behind guest blogs is to get a link to your website posted on an already established website/blog. These links tend to carry more weight in Google because they are harder to acquire. Some sites will have very stringent requirements for the types of articles they will accept, so links from these sites have more value.
If you want to reach first page on Google then you must use informative content on your blog or website as we know that content is king in SEO. On the other side try to use long tail keywords and use informative text. Then create quality backlinks for better results.
This is going to sound easier than it is but you want to stay ahead of the curve in terms of literally using terms. It is a lot harder for a heavy dominated niche but it can be done. I have done it myself. Just research your niche and see the direction it is heading. If you have a blog, ask Google questions and see if you can answer them better for people.
Continuous usage of very effective On-Page and Off-Page SEO techniques really helps you get your website listed in the 1st page search engine results. Targeting your specific web page with high density keyword, helps in getting that web page in the top list when queried for that specific keyword.