What do users look for in a good hosting provider in 2018? list your top 10 below I would like to know so we can better shape service in the future I also think it will be good for new comers to read if we get good responses
The first thing people look for is the popularity of the web hosting brand (provider). This is very important. The second one is the well-designed web hosting service plan (when it comes to Shared Hosting). And then they are looking at the price and want to get as cheaper as possible, which is sad because "cheap" means a compromise with the quality.
1. The instant customer support
2. The rich documentation
3. 99.99% uptime
4. The frequent discount campaign.
5. A clean and simple admin panel
6. The quality product
7. More payment method
8. More datacenters
9. Multiple types of hosting
1. Plans & prices (hosting types, hardware, type of virtualization, bandwidth)
2. Service value (what you got for your budget: cPanel, managed or not, back up)
3. Equipment & Data center-class
5. Network infrastructure and uplinks
6. Support & feedback system
7. Additional services (individual server configuration, DDoS-protection, data warehouse etc.)
8. Reviews about the hosting provider and quality of technical support
9. Price-off & promo
10. Brand (everything connected with a name, design, and history of a company)
I am a web hosting client and when I choose a new hosting for my websites, I consider some important points are:
- 100% uptime
- Fast loading
- Price is suitable to my budget, normally $5 to $8 for a shared hosting is good, $25/month for a VPS.
- Support (live chat or ticket)
1) How can you see the customer portal / management side before signing up? Screenshots?
2) What do you think the percentage of users are who want managed services for shared hosting? What 'managed' features would you be looking for?
It's fairly common to see managed services for VPS and Dedicated servers.