I have just moved my server hosting to a new server hosting, also using WHM/cpanel. I backed up websites on old server and now I want to restore them on new server by a fastest way, how can I do that? any guide?
The fastest way to restore your websites on the new server is to use the "WHM Migration Wizard" feature in cPanel. This tool allows you to easily transfer accounts from one server to another. Here are the general steps you can follow:
- Log in to the WHM on your new server.
- In the "Transfers" section, click on "Migrate Accounts"
- In the "Migration Wizard" page, enter the server IP address or hostname of your old server.
- Enter your login credentials for the old server.
- Select the accounts you want to transfer from the list and click "Migrate".
- Wait for the process to complete. This can take some time depending on the size of your accounts.
- Once the migration is complete, you should verify that the websites are working correctly on the new server.
Note: Make sure that your old server and new server have the same version of cPanel and WHM.
Keep in mind that the above is just a general web development guide. Be sure to consult the official cPanel documentation for more detailed instructions and troubleshooting tips.