- May 16, 2014
After purchasing a Windows VPS, the Remote Desktop Connection(RDP) facility won't be available by default. You need to enable it by resetting the default password via VNC. Here are the steps to follow:
- Login to your VPS control panel using the login details you got in the VPS activation email and press the 'Manage' option of the server you need to manage.
- Select the VNC option from the panel:
- Select the option HTML5 VNC Client SSL:
- It will open a new window and there you will see the windows screen. Now press 'Send CtrlAltDel' option on the top to get the login screen:
- Now you will get the login screen and you need to type the default Administrator password you got from the welcome email and press enter. Please note that copy-paste won't work inside VNC.
- Then you will be asked to change the password, press ok.
- There you will be asked to provide a new password and confirm the same. Make sure you are using a complex password including capital letters, symbols, and numbers.
- Now, you will get a message showing that the password has been changed. Once it is done, you will be able to access the server via RDP normally using the new password you have set.