You are probably asking more about how to set up the server. You can use apache, nginx, litespeed etc. to create a server that has a very fast web server. Cacheing plugins can help with specific websites too, there are many cacheing plugins for wordpress.
If you are using WordPress CMS for your blog, make sure you follow steps below
1. Install one of these plugins: W3 Total Cache | WP Super Cache | WP Rocket
2. If you're on a hosting plan that is using Litespeed technology, skip step 1.
3. Install Litespeed Cache Plugin (This plugin does almost everything to optimize your blog speed.)
4. Some managed hosting services block some specific plugins. LiteSpeed Cache is whitelisted by many. However, make sure your hosting plan is on LiteSpeed server. Otherwise, this will not work. You can run HTTP header test to identify your server technology.
5. Install the WP Smush plugin to optimize the images in bulk.
6. Do not defer the loading of CSS. It will break the loading appearance.
7. In Case, Google Page speed tool asks you to optimize the above the fold thing, Install Above the fold optimization plugin.
Test your blog with speed optimization tools. Pingdom | Google Page Speed Insights | GTmetrics
I had a customer who was complaining a lot on the speed and after doing many server level ones, he said he needs further improvement and then I suggested adding caching and suggested him wp-rocket as I have seen many other customers using the same and on asking them they had provided good feed back. the client which I suggested also came back to me with positive feedback after a week.