10-09-2017, 04:30 AM #1
Which is better ? Cloud Hosting or Dedicated Server
Need opinions from you guys. Will cloud hosting be better or dedicated server in terms of the security etc?
10-09-2017, 10:16 AM #2
In terms if security, a dedicated server will be better.
With cloud hosting, your data is still on shared servers with many other customers.█ █ RDO Servers - Shared Hosting, Resellers, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Clusters
█ █ Windows - Plesk Onyx - Linux - cPanel/LiteSpeed/CloudLinux/MariaDB
█ █ Live Chat - Automated Backups - SSD's
11-28-2017, 09:38 PM #3
The biggest difference between them is reliability.
With a cloud hosting package, even if one of the servers crashes down your site will be still online without any problem.
In the case of dedicated server your site will be down.
11-29-2017, 01:13 PM #4
Another big difference is Speed.
With a dedicated server, considering you are the only using that server unlike shared hosting, the speeds are incredible. In cloud hosting, the speeds are not as impressive since there are other users using the same.
11-29-2017, 03:20 PM #5
It depends what you need, but both have advantages.
Personally if it was a big site and important I would go dedicated.
12-03-2017, 01:49 PM #6
How can you say anything like "In cloud hosting, the speeds are not as impressive since there are other users using the same". It is completely wrong. Let me answer the question.
Both dedicated servers and cloud-based infrastructures - which are basically a number of virtualized computing nodes contented to a storage area network - are usually physically connected on 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps or higher speed ports (Ethernet or SFP) to any switches or other networking equipment. The speed of any any Cloud-based Virtualized server instance or a physical Dedicated Server depends on:
a) the physical port
b) any limitation on the VLAN
So, there is not direct comparison in speed between "Cloud Hosting / Cloud Servers" and "Physical Dedicated Servers". All depends of the networking setup used by the providers.
12-03-2017, 04:15 PM #7
I agree about your quote, because each cloud hosting provider do not provide the same performance, or network connections, but in most of case server speed isn't limited by the network.
The main issues with "Cloud hosting" offers are :
- there is no way to see how many resources are allocated (all virtualization solutions provide a way to allocate dynamically resources)
- it's pretty hard to find what infrastructure is used to host cloud servers
- there is no proof of the redundancy of the infrastructure (scaleway have lost storage of 200 servers and there was no RAID)
- a lot of providers use the word "cloud" for almost anything including shared hosting (the best marketing solution ever seen.)
But that doesn't mean a dedicated server will be faster than a cloud server because :
- there are a lot of dedicated offers with outdated components (XEON-5XXX series, or even DDR2 memory or basic hard drives)
- a good part of dedicated server providers are just resellersVirtuBox - Hosting, Managed Services & Support
EasyEngine Expert - Plesk Guru
12-04-2017, 09:16 AM #8
Dedicated server is your own server which is act as your computer on which you can host the multiple sites, install applications and related services on it. You can built your own security alters and firewall on the dedicated server. You will have your own set of bandwidth, hard-disk and resources. You can rent the disk space, bandwidth, resources on the dedicated server.
You will have the root access of the server as it's your own server.
I would suggest, study the market online. Please go trough the review section of the website and after that proceed further. You can compare all the plans and go with the best suitable plan. Most of the company provide the on query charge for the dedicated server issues so make sure what type of support is available.
Make sure if they are going to setup your server or you need to setup it by your own.
Cloud hosting -
Cloud hosting service will have the on demand resource allocation. There is harder security setup on the cloud hosting service.
Main principle of cloud hosting is divide as per the need. Cloud used to distribute the required resources on multiple servers as used them as per the requirement. There are multiple servers work together. If one server fails then other will start loading the same task without any delay. Cloud is nothing but the one larger storage space and processor.
Here are the some of the advantages of cloud hosting for you -
1. Accessibility - Main advantage of cloud hosting is that the files are accessible anywhere and anytime. You can access the files when you would like to access without matter of place.
2. Backup facility - Cloud hosting service always have the copy of your data on the the server. So in the case of disaster, you will have the copy of data even if the data on the main server get deleted or lost.
3. Low cost solution - You will need to pay just the amount for the storage which you are actually using.
4. Secure service - You don't have to worry about the security. Cloud hosting provider will have the best infrastructure on which you don't need to worry about the security , they have their setup for security.
5. High degree of uptime
12-08-2017, 03:13 PM #9
The actual difference is the Reliability, pricing model and infrastructure. A dedicated server is a physical machine that is owned by YOU only. While, in the cloud, you get a VPS that is the part of a large network of connected machines.
Both has some sort of pros and cons.
Replies: 1 | Views: 1197Last post by Carlos, 10-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Replies: 1 | Views: 105Last post by TheCompWiz, 10-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Replies: 7 | Views: 816Last post by VirtuBox, 10-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Replies: 5 | Views: 159Last post by zanghie0942, 11-18-2017, 02:10 AM
Replies: 5 | Views: 217Last post by Lene, 11-15-2017, 02:21 AM
Replies: 46 | Views: 771Last post by desmondmiles, 12-29-2017, 03:55 AM
Replies: 2 | Views: 105Last post by TheCompWiz, 10-10-2017, 02:06 AM
Replies: 5 | Views: 134Last post by VladOne, 11-10-2017, 04:08 AM
Replies: 13 | Views: 356Last post by CatherineEsco, 11-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Replies: 4 | Views: 614Last post by Gizamulake07, 10-09-2017, 02:57 AM
Replies: 15 | Views: 3274Last post by 24x7serverman, 09-28-2017, 06:51 AM
By jameswalter in forum Cloud HostingReplies: 10 | Views: 3328Last post by Denis // trabia, 06-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Replies: 3 | Views: 1321Last post by nitaish, 12-28-2016, 01:28 PM
By Maxoq in forum Cloud HostingReplies: 9 | Views: 4745Last post by smithroy, 12-09-2016, 05:04 AM
By DDSvpsHost in forum Cloud HostingReplies: 9 | Views: 4792Last post by macklong, 06-20-2016, 02:54 AM