Web Hosting Forum Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

How much it costs to host app on cloud?

  • FORUMS
  • WEB DESIGN
  • WEB HOSTING OFFERS
  • ADVERTISING
  • WEB HOSTING
  • REQUEST A HOST
  • BEST WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0

    How much it costs to host app on cloud?

    I have tried Firebase and Amazon AWS. I think both of them are costly when it comes to total price that can go with bandwidth and the database connections. So I was thinking about alternative cloud hosting services. I want to find out which are some of those services that can be used in this context. I don't have a lot of budget so that may limit my options. But is there any cloud hosting service that one can go for 20$ onwards for hosting an Android app?

    What could be the possible options for anyone to host Andorid app on cloud?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 275 Times in 219 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 634/1
    Given: 258/0
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    I have tried Firebase and Amazon AWS. I think both of them are costly when it comes to total price that can go with bandwidth and the database connections. So I was thinking about alternative cloud hosting services. I want to find out which are some of those services that can be used in this context. I don't have a lot of budget so that may limit my options. But is there any cloud hosting service that one can go for 20$ onwards for hosting an Android app?

    What could be the possible options for anyone to host Andorid app on cloud?
    Hello overcast, "cloud" is not really needed, and any VPS provider will provide you the ability to host your app easily.
    Linode, Digital Ocean, Vutlr or OVH are less expensive than AWS, with good service level and availability
    VirtuBox- Managed VPS Hosting
    Web Infrastructure management
    Scalable Web Platform consulting

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 0/3
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    I have tried Firebase and Amazon AWS. I think both of them are costly when it comes to total price that can go with bandwidth and the database connections. So I was thinking about alternative cloud hosting services. I want to find out which are some of those services that can be used in this context. I don't have a lot of budget so that may limit my options. But is there any cloud hosting service that one can go for 20$ onwards for hosting an Android app?

    What could be the possible options for anyone to host Andorid app on cloud?
    What are your requirements?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuBox View Post
    Hello overcast, "cloud" is not really needed, and any VPS provider will provide you the ability to host your app easily.
    Linode, Digital Ocean, Vutlr or OVH are less expensive than AWS, with good service level and availability
    Thank you. I checked DigitalOcean but I am not familiar with their control panel and droplet system. I'll take a look at the plans and see if that suits my app requirement.

    Quote Originally Posted by leckley View Post
    What are your requirements?
    My app will read the database and post the results through the search filter on app. So this may require more database queries sent from app to server. So I am looking for hosting service that is not expensive for number for simultaneous database queries. I want to find out if it's under my budget to find host for this type of requirement. If it's expensive then I'll have to make my service paid only on Android with in-app purchase history.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 275 Times in 219 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 634/1
    Given: 258/0
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Thank you. I checked DigitalOcean but I am not familiar with their control panel and droplet system. I'll take a look at the plans and see if that suits my app requirement.

    My app will read the database and post the results through the search filter on app. So this may require more database queries sent from app to server. So I am looking for hosting service that is not expensive for number for simultaneous database queries. I want to find out if it's under my budget to find host for this type of requirement. If it's expensive then I'll have to make my service paid only on Android with in-app purchase history.
    Databases queries are not billed with a vps. But you will probably have to tweak MySQL settings to make sure the configuration is optimized and queries processed quickly.
    OVH, Vutlr, Digital Ocean or Linode will provide you fast server with SSD storage, it's only a choice about price and feeling.
    VirtuBox- Managed VPS Hosting
    Web Infrastructure management
    Scalable Web Platform consulting

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/2
    Given: 0/3
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Thank you. I checked DigitalOcean but I am not familiar with their control panel and droplet system. I'll take a look at the plans and see if that suits my app requirement.



    My app will read the database and post the results through the search filter on app. So this may require more database queries sent from app to server. So I am looking for hosting service that is not expensive for number for simultaneous database queries. I want to find out if it's under my budget to find host for this type of requirement. If it's expensive then I'll have to make my service paid only on Android with in-app purchase history.
    Are you looking for a hosted database solution or would you be up to the task of setting up the database server on your own cloud/vps/dedicated server?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuBox View Post
    Databases queries are not billed with a vps. But you will probably have to tweak MySQL settings to make sure the configuration is optimized and queries processed quickly.
    OVH, Vutlr, Digital Ocean or Linode will provide you fast server with SSD storage, it's only a choice about price and feeling.
    Thank you I will take a look at these hosting service. Just one more question. Does OVH, Vultr and Linode offers managed services for script setup or backend setup. Or do we get console prompt from which we have to setup everything? I am trying to avoid things from scratch. That's why the question.

    Quote Originally Posted by leckley View Post
    Are you looking for a hosted database solution or would you be up to the task of setting up the database server on your own cloud/vps/dedicated server?
    I wish to have access to hosted database so that I don't have to start from scratch.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 275 Times in 219 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 634/1
    Given: 258/0
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Thank you I will take a look at these hosting service. Just one more question. Does OVH, Vultr and Linode offers managed services for script setup or backend setup. Or do we get console prompt from which we have to setup everything? I am trying to avoid things from scratch. That's why the question.

    I wish to have access to hosted database so that I don't have to start from scratch.
    OVH, Vultr or Linode are like AWS, they provide only the infrastructure. You will have to setup yourself the server.
    VirtuBox- Managed VPS Hosting
    Web Infrastructure management
    Scalable Web Platform consulting

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 6/0
    A Hosted database solution will work best for you, i do not have any providers in mind that does this. However that would eliminate maintenance and sleepless nights from you

Newer Threads

  1. overcast
    qbeststar
    Replies: 10 | Views: 1151
    Last post by qbeststar, 07-11-2017, 01:02 PM
  2. centurion
    jyy
    Replies: 5 | Views: 1046
    Last post by jyy, 08-08-2017, 07:04 AM
  3. jerryperes
    Server_Wala
    Replies: 13 | Views: 671
    Last post by Server_Wala, 08-14-2017, 10:41 AM
  4. UltratechHost
    OpenLiteSpeed for cPanel/WHM
    By UltratechHost in forum Web Hosting
    UltratechHost
    Replies: 0 | Views: 590
    Last post by UltratechHost, 06-29-2017, 02:15 PM
  5. WHGBTom
    Client website
    By WHGBTom in forum Website Reviews
    DeguWeb
    Replies: 7 | Views: 227
    Last post by DeguWeb, 07-07-2017, 08:27 AM

Older Threads

  1. m33kuh
    HannaMN
    Replies: 9 | Views: 293
    Last post by HannaMN, 09-19-2017, 04:05 AM
  2. Philippe Gaucher
    What are web apps?
    By Philippe Gaucher in forum Web Programming
    JOED77
    Replies: 5 | Views: 193
    Last post by JOED77, 08-07-2017, 01:41 PM
  3. BlaZeX
    BlaZeX
    Replies: 0 | Views: 164
    Last post by BlaZeX, 06-28-2017, 08:54 PM
  4. Makefort
    What does VPS exactly do?
    By Makefort in forum VPS Hosting
    MicroNodes Hosting
    Replies: 9 | Views: 1160
    Last post by MicroNodes Hosting, 08-17-2017, 03:01 AM

Latest Threads

  1. Rmariz
    Rmariz
    Replies: 0 | Views: 20
    Last post by Rmariz, Today, 02:45 AM
  2. Laudemer2
    Newbie
    By Laudemer2 in forum New Member Introductions
    Laudemer2
    Replies: 0 | Views: 10
    Last post by Laudemer2, Today, 12:24 AM
  3. Rmariz
    Rmariz
    Replies: 0 | Views: 18
    Last post by Rmariz, Yesterday, 04:56 PM
  4. Rmariz
    Sherr125
    Replies: 4 | Views: 57
    Last post by Sherr125, Today, 08:02 AM
  5. Rmariz
    Rmariz
    Replies: 0 | Views: 17
    Last post by Rmariz, Yesterday, 04:10 PM

Similar Threads

  1. cPanelHosting
    David Beroff
    Replies: 19 | Views: 1098
    Last post by David Beroff, 01-11-2017, 02:55 AM
  2. David Makogon
    Vishnu
    Replies: 5 | Views: 2181
    Last post by Vishnu, 01-04-2017, 07:37 AM
  3. David Beroff
    Rand al'Thor
    Replies: 1 | Views: 985
    Last post by Rand al'Thor, 10-08-2016, 04:25 AM
  4. HostAG
    Gustav
    Replies: 1 | Views: 611
    Last post by Gustav, 10-22-2015, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Web Hosting Forum

ForumWeb.Hosting is a web hosting forum where you’ll find in-depth discussions and resources to help you find the best hosting providers for your websites or how to manage your hosting whether you are new or experienced. You’ll find it all here. With topics ranging from web hosting, internet marketing, search engine optimization, social networking, make money online, affiliate marketing as well as hands-on technical support for web design, programming and more. We are a growing community of like-minded people that is keen to help and support each other with ambitions and online endeavors. Learn and grow, make friends and contacts for life.

Community

The world's smartest hosting providers come here to discuss & share what's trending in the web hosting world!
Copyright ©2017, ForumWeb.Hosting. All rights reserved. Web Hosting Forum for webmasters, web hosting providers, designers and web developers.

Welcome to Forum Web Hosting

The World's Number 1 Web Hosting Community, Reviews & Services

Log in!

Continue with Facebook
Continue With Email. By signing up you indicate that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Sign in Manually

Need an account? Sign up now!